Preparing for Your Annual Wellness Visit
Preventive care, such as your annual wellness visit, is covered 100 percent by most health insurance plans under the Affordable Care Act. This visit with your personal doctor is a great way to create a snapshot of your overall health. It’s also a great opportunity for your personal doctor to get to know you and diagnose or treat chronic conditions.
Get the most out of this visit by following these useful tips.
- Ask about scheduling pre-visit testing such as blood tests to measure cholesterol or blood sugar. You might want to complete these tests in advance of your visit to discuss the results with your doctor.
- Write down all the medications you take (prescription, non-prescription, vitamins, supplements and herbal).
- Keep a list of all the health care providers you see, including names and contact information.
- Be prepared to share your full medical history and any allergies you may have.
- Be open about your lifestyle (eating habits, exercise, alcohol or tobacco use), this will help your personal doctor work with you on setting healthy steps and goals.
- If you complete an annual health risk assessment (HRA), take these results to your appointment to discuss with your doctor.
- Write down a list of any questions or concerns you want to discuss with your personal doctor.
To find out what is covered during your annual wellness visit, contact the customer service team at Network Health.